- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 6 cups stuffing croutons
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled apple
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in 2 tablespoons butter on each side. Melt remaining butter; stir in the croutons, apple, celery, raisins, water, sage, salt and pepper. Place in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with pork chops. Spread mustard over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPork Chops with Apple-Celery Stuffing
"I thought this was pretty good--family enjoyed it. We will most likely be making this again in the fall, as I feel it is a good meal for the fall time."