VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled apple
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops over medium heat in 2 tablespoons butter on each side; remove from pan and keep warm. In the same pan, saute the stuffing cubes, apple, celery, raisins, water, sage, salt and pepper in remaining butter until apples and celery are crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with pork chops. Spread mustard over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p93
Reviews forPork Chops with Apple-Celery Stuffing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 31, 2012
"I thought this was pretty good--family enjoyed it. We will most likely be making this again in the fall, as I feel it is a good meal for the fall time."