Pork Chops over Stuffing
My husband Bill, and I enjoy the hearty home-cooked flavor of this oven meal, I usually fix it only on weekends.—Kris Hernandez, Oneida, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in pork loin chops
- Worcestershire sauce, optional
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl; set aside. In a saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add water, sage, bouillon, salt and pepper. Pour over bread and toss. Spoon stuffing into eight mounds in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place a pork chop over each mound. Sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce if desired. Cover and bake at 325° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. garnish with parsley if desired.