Pork Chops ‘n’ Pierogies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 frozen potato and onion pierogies
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Cook pierogies according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, cook chops in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter for 3 minutes. Add apple; saute until almost tender. Stir in the sugar, vinegar, and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain pierogies. Add pork chops and pierogies to skillet; stir to coat.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 730 calories, 33g fat (18g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 1207mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein.
Jan 15, 2016
Made this last night and my husband says we should have these 3 times a week! Very tasty.
Apr 18, 2015
Wonderful, loved every bite, served with fresh asparagus.
Jan 20, 2015
my husband loved this
Sep 14, 2014
This is so easy and filling! We loved this and will make it again! We put good color on the chops. Then while we were sautéing the onion, we put the chops in the oven to finishes them off. So tender!
Sep 28, 2012
This recipe has become a real family favorite. Guests are always very impressed as it looks fancy but it really is so easy.
May 9, 2012
This is an excellent recipe. I used fresh pierogies from a shop in my area. I bought half potato/onion and half sauerkraut. Tasted great, I will definitely make again.
Oct 22, 2010
I made this for my family a few times and we all love it! Especially my 20 year old daughter. I like to make it every fall. It's easy and delicious!
Dec 20, 2009
I make this recipe all the time for my husband. It has a wonderful taste to it and is fairly easy to make.
Mar 24, 2009
How about pierogies from scratch??
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.