Pork Chops Monterey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- Place pork chops in an 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray; top with onion. Combine the chili sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice; pour over chops. Cover and microwave on high for 15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Serve with pork chops.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 295 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 655mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fruit.
Jan 16, 2016
I cooked these in the oven at 350 for 1 hour, instead of using the microwave. Pork was very tender and it had a tasty sweet and sour sauce to serve over rice!
May 16, 2011
This is a go-to quick recipe for me. Restaurant-quality food with quick microwave preparation -- what's not to like? We like this with mashed potatoes instead of rice sometimes. Add a salad or veggie and your meal is ready!