Pork Chops Italiano
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4-inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 slices slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into rings
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in butter on both sides; drain. Combine the tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning and basil; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- 2. Top each pork chop with cheese and green pepper. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
1 each: 211 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Jan 28, 2013
These were delicious! The only change I made was to add the pepper rings at the same time as the sauce to they were well cooked.
Oct 30, 2010
Very Very Tasty!
Oct 29, 2010
My husband made these. Very tasty! We all loved it!
Dec 31, 1969
I have had this many times, this Lady is a great cook, I am sad that she didn't put more recipes online. She really new how to COOK! her loosemeat sandwiches were out of this world. RIP