Pork Chops in Mustard Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic for 3 minutes. Add broth and rosemary; bring to a boil. reduce heat; to low; return pork to pan. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is very tender. Remove pork and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the half-and-half, sour cream, mustard and remaining flour until smooth. Pour into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork chops.
Jan 23, 2017
This was delicious and sauce was very creamy rich. Loved the touch of Dijon Mustard, it was just enough to taste. I did add some saut?ed chopped garlic and mushrooms as it simmered. Looking forward to leftovers for dinner.
Nov 9, 2015
We weren't exactly wowed by this recipe. It was perfectly okay but we have better pork chop recipes.
Jun 5, 2013
Made it the first time about 7 years ago. My absolute favorite chop recipe. Don't change a thing!
Jul 20, 2012
This recipe is excellent just as it is. The gravy on mashed potatoes is delicious!! The Dijon mustard gives it a very unique flavor. I'm making it again tonight for company and have added it to my "favorite recipes" book!