Pork Chops In Gravy
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot mashed potatoes
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the soups; pour over chops. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 295 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Dec 14, 2019
Delicious and so easy! The chops were very tender and the gravy was delicious over mashed potatoes!
Jan 27, 2018
Very good! I used about 1/4 cup of oil to brown the chops and when they were done I sprinkled then with garlic powder and Lawry's Seasoned Salt.... Then used the same pan to carmelize an onion with 1/4 cup of butter and put on top of the chops and used shredded parmasean.
Aug 28, 2017
These were very good! I added some dry onion soup mix and 1/2 cup of milk to the gravy and seasoned the bread crumbs with onion powder and salt/pepper. It was a hit with my family and very easy to make.
Jul 13, 2016
Made these and my husband and I loved them. He doesn't usually eat pork chops but said these were his favorite. Did not use the cheese
Nov 8, 2015
Was easy and delicious. It's a keeper for my family.
Jun 10, 2014
I didn't bread the chops and I forgot to add the cheese. I seasoned the chops with pepper, season salt and onion powder. I browned the chops and made this on the stove top. We all enjoyed this.
Dec 24, 2013
this recipe has a "yum" rating in my recipes!!
Sep 19, 2013
Did not change recipe at all. Dish was okay but most likely will not make it again.
Aug 5, 2013
Followed the recipe exactly - Entire family loved it!! Chops super tender - gravy delicious over potatoes and pork - yummy and easy!
Jun 1, 2013
Very easy and flavorful. Next time I am going to try making it in a crock pot.