Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes
I grew up on a farm in Ohio where good food like this was a way of life. I've had this recipe for as long as I can remember and consider it a great meal to serve when entertaining.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups cooked sliced sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place potatoes in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper; coat pork chops. In a skillet over medium heat, brown chops in butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned; remove chops and place over sweet potatoes. Drain drippings from skillet. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir until smooth and bubbly. Pour 3/4 cup sauce over pork chops. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until pork is tender. Brush chops with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 530 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes in Country Pork