My mother-in-law gave me this recipe years ago, and I have used it ever since. My family loves the sweetness with a little kick.—Hilary Rigo, Wickenburg, Arizona
Featured In: 40 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Sprinkle pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt and white pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 2 teaspoons butter over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add wine, tarragon and remaining salt, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Return chops to pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops & Mushrooms in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p161