Pork Chop Skillet Meal
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + standing
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil; drain. Remove chops. Combine water, rice, onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt in the skillet. Place pork chops over rice mixture; top with corn and tomatoes. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pork and rice are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 407 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 966mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 11, 2014
Easy, quick, tasty. I used a whole 15 oz can of corn and stewed tomatoes smushed up a bit. I've had this recipe on file for 15 years and I can't believe I waited this long to make it. It was a winner for a quick weeknight meal!
Sep 13, 2011
found the recipe bland and if I was to make it again I would have to spice it up...Husbans comment - "Its ok...you don"t have to make it agin"...that's a no!
Jun 21, 2011
I made this recipe with one change. I used canned green beans instead of corn. delicious! I'll surely make it again.
May 29, 2011
I made a few changes in mine. I used canned tomatoes with chilies to add spiciness and topped the dish with freshly chopped cilantro. The flavors were tasty and the pork tender. I will say that the rice was a bit more done than my household generally prefers, but all in all, a delicious dish.
Dec 8, 2010
I added tomatoes and green chilies and salsa instead of the tomatoes, we like it a bit spicier. turned out a hit.