- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1 cup cheese, soup, milk, sour cream, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in half of the onions.
- Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker; top with pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPork Chop Potato Dinner
"easy and good! Potatoes get a little too mushy, but definitely easier than making cheesy potatoes separate."
"This is a wonderful recipe! Flavorful and so easy to make in the crock pot....I did not thaw my hash browns first and it turned out delicious!"
"Husband loved it!"
"My family loved this. I cooked mine for about 6 hours on low. My pork dried out a bit, but everyone still loved it. Do not skimp on the ingredients you mix with the potatoes or you will lose flavor. Next time I will add crushed fresh garlic and maybe a touch of cream cheese. But we cleaned the crock pot empty with the recipe just as it."
"I changed the recipe a bit to fin what I already had at home. Used a pork tenderloin instead of chops and used real potatoes cut in halves instead of hash browns. Turned out great and got rave reviews from the fam."