Pork Chop Pear Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Dash ground ginger
- 1 medium ripe pear, sliced
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, honey, 1 tablespoon water, lemon juice and ginger. Stir in pear slices; set aside. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat. Pour pear mixture over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Remove pork and pears with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over pork and pears.
Apr 29, 2013
My whole family enjoyed these pork chops. The sweetness of the pineapple sauce and apples adds a nice flavor to the neutral taste of the pork.
May 4, 2010
I did not care for this recipe at all. The sauce tasted good, but I found that the pork was too tough from the quick cooking method.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.