A handful of ingredients are all you need for this no-fuss meal from Holly Becker of Egg Harbor, New Jersey. Not only does it give sauerkraut-lovers something to look forward to, but it makes cleanup a snap.
Recommended: 21 Sheet Pan Dinners to Make Tonight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sprinkle pork chops with lemon-pepper. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill for indirect medium-hot heat. Grill chops, uncovered, over direct heat area for 2-1/2 minutes on each side.
- Place each chop on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with sauerkraut; sprinkle with caraway seeds and nutmeg. Fold foil around pork and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect heat for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chop Packets in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p28