Pork Chop Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4-inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream, divided
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- In a large plastic resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Arrange in a single layer in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soup, 1/2 cup sour cream, broth, ginger and rosemary; pour over chops. Sprinkle with half of onions.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until tender. Stir remaining sour cream into sauce. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until onions are browned.
Jan 9, 2017
I make this exactly as recipe except before putting sauce on chops I sprinkle them with sliced fresh mushrooms, turns out Great!
Oct 4, 2015
this was really good. the only thing I did different was cooked in crock pot and added some cubed small potatoes. the pork chops I had were very thin so I used those. very tasty. I wouldn't change anything else.
Mar 28, 2015
Great sauce. Tender chops. The rosemary and ginger are not overpowering.
Apr 19, 2014
The first day I made this I didn't care much for it but when I ate the leftovers the next day it tasted so much better. I think that this would also turn out really well with chicken breasts.
Mar 26, 2014
I made this for my family last night and it was delicious. I only cooked 3 pork chops instead of 6 called for in recipe, but I did not half the sauce part. That way we had plenty of the gravy for the mashed potatoes. If you like plenty of sauce would recommend doubling the amount if you are baking 6 pork chops. It was just the right amount for 3. This is definitely a recipe worth trying. Field Editor
Sep 10, 2013
Good flavor with the sauce which I spooned over rice. My chops didn't turn out as tender as I would have liked. Just wondering if I didn't cook as long as directed. Disappointing, but I'd try again & make sure I get cooking time correct.
Aug 21, 2012
Have been making this recipe for years! It has a wonderful creamy sauce with a subtle ginger taste. The french fried onions add a nice crunch to the top of the casserole.
Feb 23, 2012
This is the most delicious recipe ever! It is a favorite of my family's, and I've given it to my sisters, and their families love it too!
Feb 11, 2012
So delicious! The ginger and rosemary combination was perfect!! Didnt have any of the canned onions, so i subbed sauteed thin sliced onions. Will be adding this to the regular rotation!!
Feb 10, 2012
This was very good, the only think I think I would do differently would be to get boneless pork chops, otherwise, everything was great! I served it with white rice & added some extra chicken broth to make a little more gravy. Thank you for sharing this recipe
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.