Pork Chop Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 small sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in butter.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine apples, cranberry sauce and onion. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apple mixture. Top with pork chops.
- Cover and bake 45-50 minutes or until pork reaches 145° and apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 499 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Apr 22, 2013
My husband was put on a restricted sodium diet and this is the first recipe I've found that the whole family eats without adding salt. Delicious. We live in the desert and don't like to heat the house up with the oven so I make it in a dutch oven on top of the stove. After browning, simmer for about 45 minutes and it's perfect.
Feb 15, 2013
Delicious recipe! The entire family (which consists of picky eaters) loved it! We didnt sear our pork chops in butter, instead just sprayed the pan.
Feb 7, 2012
Made this last night as it sounded good. It was terrible and mushy. We did not care for it at all. Will not keep this recipe.
May 2, 2011
Oh My Gosh, this was SO good! I added a "pinch" of nutmeg - Mmmmm! Will definately make this recipe again!
Dec 16, 2010
This was very good. I used Granny Smith Apples. I think if I had used any other ones they might have been mush.
Jan 13, 2010
Made this exactly as directed and it was a winner! Tasted like a gourmet meal. So simple! I forwarded it to all my friends.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.