Pork Chop and Rice Dinner Recipe
- 6 boneless pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a skillet, brown pork chops in butter; season with salt and pepper if desired. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings; add rice, onion and garlic. Mix well. Stir in soup, water, cheese, pepper and salt.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; arrange chops over rice mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until rice is tender and pork juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 507 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 603mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 45g protein.
Reviews for Pork Chop and Rice Dinner
"Made this tonight. Used Cream of chicken with Herb soup, put the rice mixture on top of the pork chops and added 1 cup frozen vegetables. I also seasoned my meat as I usually do (salt, pepper, minced garlic) before I browned it. Turned out pretty good. Does not need to cook 15 minutes uncovered. 1 hour covered was plenty"
"Delicious!!!!! But the next time I cooked it I doubled the rice, added a little more water, and I put the chops in the dish and poured rice mixture over chops. Family loves it!"
"Delicious!! But needed more rice."
"Other than the fact that it was easy to prepare, we didn't care for this dinner at all. The pork chops were dry. (Maybe they could have been put under the rice?) The rice was done nicely, but smell from the broccoli soup was unpleasant (and we like broccoli.) By the way, I followed the recipe exactly as written."