- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 rib pork chops (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 soup can water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Brown pork chops on both sides. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion, chilies and celery until onion is tender. Stir in rice; saute until lightly browned. Add all remaining ingredients; blend well. Place in a greased 2-qt. casserole. Top with pork chops. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPork Chop and Chilies Casserole
"Delicious and different. My family loves it."
"When I first looked at this recipe I started planning to make this pork chop dish. However, the sodium is way too high for me. I try to limit my daily sodium intake to 1500 - 1800 mg. Looks tasty otherwise!"
"My family LOVED this recipe! The only thing I changed was I used chicken broth instead of water. Delicious! I will definitely make this again."
"I used a whole can of chicken broth in place of the water. This is a great one dish meal! My husband & I loved the rice."
"Yummy dish!! Grandkids love it."
"It's a good one dish meal."
"What about spices I can see in a pork chop in the picture?"