Pork Chop and Chiles Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 pork rib chops (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet,over medium-high heat, cook chops in oil over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion, chiles and celery until onion is tender. Stir in rice; saute until lightly browned. Add remaining ingredients.
- Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with pork chops. Bake at 30-40 minutes or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 415 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1385mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Jun 25, 2016
My husband loved this! I was looking for an easy dish to throw together and this was it. I followed other reviewers suggestion and used chicken stock as oppose to water. I think I'll cover this dish next time to keep some of the moisture looked into the Pork chops.
Nov 7, 2015
Delicious and different. My family loves it.
Apr 29, 2014
When I first looked at this recipe I started planning to make this pork chop dish. However, the sodium is way too high for me. I try to limit my daily sodium intake to 1500 - 1800 mg. Looks tasty otherwise!
May 6, 2013
My family LOVED this recipe! The only thing I changed was I used chicken broth instead of water. Delicious! I will definitely make this again.
Apr 21, 2013
I used a whole can of chicken broth in place of the water. This is a great one dish meal! My husband & I loved the rice.
Apr 14, 2013
Yummy dish!! Grandkids love it.
Apr 9, 2013
It's a good one dish meal.
Apr 9, 2013
This was an easy recipe to make and one I will make again. Thank you for a very tasty dinner.
Apr 6, 2013
There is a Green Chili Rice dish on this site that would be close to this recipe if you added the pork chops, but with the addition of sour cream and cheese would have a lot more flavor.
Apr 6, 2013
What about spices I can see in a pork chop in the picture?