- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sliced avocado, sour cream and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a blender, combine the tomatoes, chili powder, garlic, lime juice, honey, jalapeno and salt; cover and process until smooth. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred pork with 2 forks and return to slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup pork mixture down the center of each tortilla; if desired, top with avocado, sour cream and cilantro. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
Freeze option: Omit avocado, sour cream and cilantro. Individually wrap cooled burritos in paper towels and foil; freeze in an airtight container. To use, remove foil; place paper towel-wrapped burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Let stand 20 seconds. If desired, serve with sliced avocado, sour cream and cilantro.
1 burrito: 420 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 745mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Jul 20, 2019You put both halves in.
Jul 19, 2019Bear with me, please. After cutting the roast in half, do BOTH halves go into the pot, or is the other half saved for something else?
Nov 10, 2018Added whole jalepeno, was awesome
Apr 22, 2013
Has great flavor, and the spiciness is just right!
Jan 21, 2013
This one is great! Easy and delicious. Definitely a keeper.
Sep 16, 2012
Super easy to make which is always a bonus. My two boys LOVED it and they are very picky eaters so this one is a keeper.
Jun 19, 2011
Loved these burritos. I made this for Father's Day dinner and everyone loved them.
May 5, 2011
This was so tasty, and it was really easy. I did lower the chili powder to 3 tbsp and added an extra tbsp of lime juice, and I didn't have jalapenos but I'm not a huge spicy fan so that was fine with me. Topped with sour cream and shredded cheddar, delicious!
Nov 7, 2010
We love this recipe. I have made it twice my husband thinks its the best burritos.
Nov 7, 2010
Loved it making again