Pork Burgers with Grilled Pineapple & Peppers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- Dash ground allspice
- Dash pepper
- 2 fresh pineapple slices (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 4 green pepper rings, thinly sliced
- 4 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 2 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves, halved
- In a small bowl, mix mustard, honey and teriyaki sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine pork, onions, ginger, allspice and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, brush pineapple slices with 1 tablespoon mustard mixture. Grill 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Grill pepper rings 1-2 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Cut pineapple and pepper slices in half. Grill rolls, cut side down, for 30-60 seconds or until toasted.
- Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce, pineapple slices, pepper rings and remaining mustard mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 sliders: 515 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 899mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Nov 5, 2016
Family enjoyed these as a something-different kind of burger than the typical beef offering. I also used a different bun--I thought the pineapple slices would add enough sweet to the burger without also using a sweet Hawaiian-type bun, so I chose large Telera rolls (similar to a Kaiser roll) and I would use these again. My grocery had totally run out of ground pork the day I shopped, so I substituted ground mixed turkey. The turkey actually worked well with the other ingredients, so I was pleased with the overall results. Served with the "Picnic Cole Slaw" found on this site, AND it uses bacon, so I got my pork that night anyway--LOL! Will do again.
Apr 17, 2016
Taste alternative to beef burgers. i will use a different bun next time. The Hawaiian sweet rolls I found ended up a bit small for the burgers. The mustard mix had great tangy flavor. Will do this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.