Pork Burgers with Grilled Pineapple & Peppers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- Dash ground allspice
- Dash pepper
- 2 fresh pineapple slices (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 4 green pepper rings, thinly sliced
- 4 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 2 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves, halved
- In a small bowl, mix mustard, honey and teriyaki sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine pork, onions, ginger, allspice and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, brush pineapple slices with 1 tablespoon mustard mixture. Grill until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes on each side. Grill pepper rings until crisp-tender, 1-2 minutes on each side. Cut pineapple and pepper slices in half. Grill rolls, cut side down, until toasted, 30-60 seconds.
- Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce, pineapple slices, pepper rings and remaining mustard mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 sliders: 515 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 899mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Nov 5, 2016
Family enjoyed these as a something-different kind of burger than the typical beef offering. I also used a different bun--I thought the pineapple slices would add enough sweet to the burger without also using a sweet Hawaiian-type bun, so I chose large Telera rolls (similar to a Kaiser roll) and I would use these again. My grocery had totally run out of ground pork the day I shopped, so I substituted ground mixed turkey. The turkey actually worked well with the other ingredients, so I was pleased with the overall results. Served with the "Picnic Cole Slaw" found on this site, AND it uses bacon, so I got my pork that night anyway--LOL! Will do again.
Apr 17, 2016
Taste alternative to beef burgers. i will use a different bun next time. The Hawaiian sweet rolls I found ended up a bit small for the burgers. The mustard mix had great tangy flavor. Will do this again.