Pork and Vegetable Chow Mein Recipe
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1. Partially freeze pork. Slice across the grain into 1/4-in. thick strips; set aside. Combine broth, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger; set aside. In a large skillet that has been coated with cooking spray, stir-fry pork and garlic for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add carrots, celery, onion, cabbage and spinach; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add broth mixture; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 167 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Pork and Vegetable Chow Mein
"I used leftover chicken and added kale and red peppers to the mix. Love the sauce! We like spicy so passed Sriracha sauce at the table. Served with Chinese noodles. Will make again, for sure!"
"Delicious! I omitted the spinach...I like it but my family does not. And the second time I made it, I added baby corn and a handful of snow peas. The kids and grandchildren loved it! It's a regular now."