Pork and Sweet Potato Stew
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 3/4 pound pork chop suey meat
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, toss pork with mustard. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and brown sugar; add pork and shake to coat.
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook pork in oil until pork is browned on all sides. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the onion, sweet potato, salt and pepper. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Stir in parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 458 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 844mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Nov 1, 2015
This was a lot better than I thought it sounded. I did not add the salt because of family diet needs but I did substitute Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning in it's place. Had a leftover baked sweet potato in my frig so cut it in cubes to use. Different and nice recipe.
Oct 12, 2012
Simple, quick, and delish.