Pork and Sweet Potato Stew
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 3/4 pound pork chop suey meat
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, toss pork with mustard. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and brown sugar; add pork and shake to coat.
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook pork in oil until pork is browned on all sides. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the onion, sweet potato, salt and pepper. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Stir in parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 458 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 844mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Nov 1, 2015
This was a lot better than I thought it sounded. I did not add the salt because of family diet needs but I did substitute Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning in it's place. Had a leftover baked sweet potato in my frig so cut it in cubes to use. Different and nice recipe.
Oct 12, 2012
Simple, quick, and delish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.