Pork and Spinach Salad Recipe
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed and stems removed
- 1 can (16 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup Italian or low-fat Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimiento, drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1. Line four plates with spinach leaves; set aside. In a bowl, combine peas, mushrooms, Italian dressing, green onions, celery, pimientos and olives; set aside. In a medium skillet, saute garlic in oil for 30 seconds. Add pork and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until no pink remains. Remove from the heat; add vegetable mixture and mix well. Divide among spinach-lined plates. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 317 calories, 13g fat (0 saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 758mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2 meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.