Pork and Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Italian or low-fat Italian dressing
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Line four plates with spinach leaves; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the black-eyed peas, mushrooms, dressing, onions, celery, pimientos and olives; set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute pork in oil for 1 minute. Add garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until no longer pink. Remove from the heat; add to black-eyed pea mixture and mix well.
- 3. Spoon mixture onto spinach-lined plates. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 317 calories, 13g fat (0 saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 758mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2 meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.