Pork and Pasta Recipe
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry pork in 1/2 teaspoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry the beans, celery and onion in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add the water, soy sauce and reserved pork; heat through. Drain pasta; stir in butter until melted. Add pork mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
2 cups: 389 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.