Pork and Onion Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Remove half for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers,
- alternately thread pork and onions.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes; turn. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 10-15 minutes or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 315 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Apr 23, 2017
This was some of the best kabobs I've had. The marinade for the Pork is insanely delicious!
Mar 7, 2016
Very flavorful! Combination of the pork, marinade, and onions was superb. I used a mix of red and yellow onions on the skewers.
Aug 25, 2014
This was quite simply, fabulous. I was worried the curry would overpower, but I was wrong. This marinade is very subtle and the pork becomes moist and delicious. In fact, it was probably one of the tastiest pork dishes I have made. Definitely a keeper.
Jul 13, 2014
Wonderful! We added green and red pepper to the kabobs.....the marinade is so good. We marinated the pork overnight, then forgot about basting until the kabobs were almost done. Wish we had basted the whole time, but these were still sooooooo good! A keeper for sure!
May 9, 2010
This is going to become a favorite in our house!! We used low sodium soy sauce in the marinade, pork tenderloin for the pork and yellow sweet onions. The recipe is easy and so delicious!
Jan 17, 2010
Absolutely wonderful and I don't even like curry.
Jun 16, 2009
These kabobs are so wonderful and easy. I never cared for curry but I love it in this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.