- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Separate crescent roll dough into eight triangles and place on an ungreased 12-in. round pizza pan with points toward the center. Press over bottom and up sides to form a crust; seal perforations. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook and crumble sausage. Drain; place over crust. Sprinkle with mushrooms and cheeses.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forPork and Mushroom Breakfast Pizza
"Used vegetarian sausage and everyone liked it."
"My husband loves this recipe. I added scrambled eggs (not completely cooked as they'll cook more in the oven), onion and green pepper. I also used Jimmy Dean pork sausage instead of ground pork--doesn't need to be cooked. I substituted tube pizza dough and pre baked it for about 9 minutes. The nice thing about pizzas is you can use what you like or what you have on hand. Don't be afraid to experiment."
"My gang realy liked this, but I have to admit I added chopped green pepper, onions, to this. Love the idea of crescent rolls for the crust."
"Good but I would add next time in order to be a real breakfast pizza... keep the sausage and mushrooms and add cheese, and onions and peppers mixed in an egg mixtures like you would do an omelet. will try this soon and let you know how my additions try out."
"Good starter but this needs help. Onions, garlic, salt & pepper and red pepper flakes. I don't think I have ever followed a recipe exactly - I either don't have an ingredient and have to substitute or just want a different flavor. Some folks aren't as creative in the kitchen and truly benefit from what others add/delete/change in a recipe. I say "kudos" to those that experiment and let others know!"
"I really enjoy reading the different ideas people have. Sometimes, it is good to change it up because of allergies, or just to have something a little different so you don't get tired of a good thing! This sounds great as is, but the changes sound good too...especially bacon..yum."
"For those of you complaining about people giving ideas for additions, I personally am thrilled to see the suggestions as I am not a creative cook and need a recipe. I am sure I am not the only one like this. I have not yet tried this recipe but will and return to this site to give my thoughts about it. Have a good day."
"Why can't you make it as is? Don't rate unless you try it as written. Wite your own cook book....."
"Why can't people just make the recipe as written? Make THIS recipe as written the write a review. If you are going to make a ton of changes, then submit your own recipe! You are totally taking away from this persons great recipe! Take care and have a good day!"
"Why can't people just make the recipe as written? Make THIS recipe then write a review! If you want to make a ton of changes, submit your own recipe! You are totally taking away from this person and her great recipe!"