Pork and Corn Barbecue
Traditional barbecued pork sandwiches are livened up with cumin and corn. Alongside a green salad and chips, this is a hot and hearty meal that's sure to please.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 16 hard rolls, split
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides; remove. Keep warm and set aside. Saute onions in drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Return roast to Dutch oven. Add the salt, cumin, oregano, water and vinegar. Cover and bake at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or a thermometer reaches 160°.
- Remove meat and shred with two forks; set aside. Skim off excess fat from pan juices. Stir in the barbecue sauce, corn and reserved pork; heat through. Serve on rolls.