Pork and Chicken Roulade Recipe
This is a very popular recipe with the Test Kitchen staff. I received it from co-worker Kristin Arnett and know several others who have made it. —Janet Briggs
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 ounces prosciutto or thinly sliced deli ham
- Salt and additional pepper
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1. In a food processor, finely chop garlic. Add the pepper, parsley and basil; cover and process until finely chopped. While processing, gradually add 3 tablespoons oil in a steady stream. Set aside.
- 2. Starting about a third in from one side, make a lengthwise slit in the tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Turn tenderloin over and make another lengthwise slit, starting from about a third in from the opposite side. Open tenderloin so it lies flat; flatten to about 1/3 in. thickness. Cut chicken breast halves horizontally in half; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness.
- 3. Spread 3 tablespoons garlic mixture over one side of pork. Arrange chicken over pork. Spread with 3 tablespoons garlic mixture. Top with prosciutto; spread with remaining garlic mixture. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tie at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 4. Place a large piece of heavy-duty foil (18x16 in.) on a baking sheet. Lightly sprinkle tenderloin with salt and additional pepper. In a large skillet, brown tenderloin on all sides in remaining oil. Transfer to prepared pan; wrap foil around pork, keeping the seam side of foil up. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until thermometer reads 170°.
- 5. Meanwhile, discard drippings from skillet. Add broth and cream. Bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits. Boil until sauce is reduced to 1-1/2 cups, about 20 minutes. Let pork stand for 10 minutes; carefully remove foil. Add any juices to sauce. Mix butter and flour until blended; whisk into sauce. Bring to boil; cook and whisk until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Strain sauce; season with pepper. Serve with pork. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 each: 542 calories, 40g fat (16g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 996mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Pork and Chicken Roulade
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC