Pork and Beef Barbecue Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds pork chop suey meat or pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- Lettuce and tomatoes, optional
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in beef, pork, green peppers and onions. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Shred meat with two forks. Serve on buns, with lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 sandwich: 444 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 684mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Pork and Beef Barbecue
"I'm giving this recipe five stars because it was delicious and really easy to throw together. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out because it seemed like a lot of peppers. However, I trusted the other reviewers who said it worked and it really did. I used two green peppers and one red. I kept everything else the same. I used the full 1/4 cup of chili powder and it wasn't too spice at all. Actually we ended up spreading a horseradish cream sauce on the sandwiches which was wonderful. I used lettuce but no tomato. I served it with coleslaw. My grocery store had both pork and beef stew meat, so I used this. It was done in 6 hours on low heat. I will be making again."
"This was very easy and tasted great. It also made the house smell great while cooking . I used a frozen pepper and onion blend. We don't like spicy food so instead of chilli powder I used mild chilli seasoning.i served it with slaw, baked beans and a pickle."
"This recipe was very good. I followed the recipe exactly and the meat was tender after 6 hours in the slow cooker on low. I love green pepper and onion and this recipe calls for a lot of each. I was nervous to add that large amount but it worked! My husband, myself and our 26-year old son loved it."
"I am still surprised that I made Barbecue and didn't use sauce from a jar or bottle since this was my first time making it myself. My husband and I both enjoyed it and I will be making it again. I went a little light on the chili powder since I don't like spicy and it had just enough kick for me. Too much for my 3.5 yr old though. Super easy!!!"
"I was a little concerned that this wouldn't turn out good when I was making it and that it would be too spicy for my 1 and 4 year olds. But it was very good and they both liked it, too. It was a simple and easy recipe to make."