Pork and Beans Stew
My mom and dad, who are both great cooks, instilled in me a love of cooking. I enjoy experimenting with different recipes and couldn't wait to try this unique stew. I prepare it for my family at least once a month. - Keli Lamb, Coupeville, Washington
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 50 min.
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 2 cups each diced carrots and celery
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 can (28 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring the soup, water and taco seasoning to a boil. Add vegetables and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain beef; add to stew. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in pork and beans; heat through. Add salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 309 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 999mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Pork and Beans Stew in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book