"I love the flavor of grilled food, especially these no-mess pork packets with their delicious sesame and ginger sauce," writes Andrea Bolden of Unionville, Tennessee. "Since the doctor put my husband on a low-fat diet, this all-in-one meal has become a favorite of ours."
Recommended: 21 Sheet Pan Dinners to Make Tonight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Divide pork, broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts, green pepper and onions evenly among four pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger; drizzle over pork and vegetables. Fold foil around filling and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and pork is no longer pink. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork 'N' Veggie Packets in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p19