Pork 'n' Potato Skillet Recipe
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into rings
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil; add celery. Cook until celery is tender; drain. Combine milk and mayonnaise until smooth; add to the skillet. Stir in potatoes, contents of sauce packet and water; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes, contents of sauce packet and water; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Arrange green pepper and tomato on top. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until peppers are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 422 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Pork 'n' Potato Skillet
"I made this last night for the family. When asked by my teenagers. what is that? I said I'm trying something new. I hope it's good. I made biscuits on the side. when it was all said and done. we sat down to eat dinner. They LOVE IT!! It was a BIG hit in my house."