Pork 'n' Pineapple Fajitas Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine seasoning mix and reserved juice; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, place the red pepper, onion and pineapple on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- 3. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Drain and discard marinade from pork. Grill pork and foil packet, covered, over indirect medium heat for 25-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the pork reads 160° and vegetables are tender. Remove from the grill. Cover pork and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 4. Cut tenderloin into strips; place on tortillas. Top with vegetable mixture, cheese and avocado; fold in sides. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 523 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 942mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Pork 'n' Pineapple Fajitas
"I think this could use a much longer marinating time. Not enough seasoning for me."
"Love, love, love this!!!"
"Good! I wasnt sure how I would like the pineapple but it added a nice tropical flavor to the fajitas. I realized at home I had forgot to buy fajita seasoning, so I just used taco seasoning ~ it turned out fine. We omited the avocados but made fresh guacamole to go with and also served w/ a pineapple & mango chipotle salsa. Very yummy!"