- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, diced*
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- Shredded lettuce and cheddar cheese, chopped tomato and salsa
- In a large skillet, saute onion and jalapenos in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add pork; cook and stir rover medium heat until meat is no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Stir in chili powder, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve in taco shells with lettuce, cheese, tomato and salsa. Yield: 8 tacos.
Reviews forPork 'n' Pepper Tacos
"I was a bit disappointed in these. They were ok, just nothing special. Needed a bit more flavor."
"I generally just eat regular tacos, but these won me over! They're great! Even my kids (1 & 2 years old) loved them!"