Pork 'n' Beans Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and celery over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
You can make Pork 'N' Beans Bake even when it's too hot to turn on the oven Cook the beef, onion, green pepper and celery in a Dutch oven; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
1 each: 213 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Pork 'n' Beans Bake
"Delicious!! Thanks Betty.Luanne, New York"