Pork 'n' Bean Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 pickled jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped*
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the beans, corn, broth, peppers and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 182 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1296mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Pork 'n' Bean Soup
"needs meat in it for one thing but overall we just were not impressed with this one."