I like to make this comforting soup at least once a month. It simmers on its own while you prepare the rest of the meal. Try adding cooked elbow noodles or cubed chicken.—Kelly Olson, Moab, Utah
Recommended: 17 Chili Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, corn, broth, peppers and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork 'n' Bean Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p15
Reviews forPork 'n' Bean Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2010
"needs meat in it for one thing but overall we just were not impressed with this one."