VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated seamless crescent dough sheet
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Place pork, shrimp, green onions, 1/4 cup soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic, 2 tablespoons sesame oil and ginger in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Unroll each sheet of crescent dough into a rectangle. Spread each with half of the pork mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each roll crosswise into 12 slices. In an electric skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 350°. Fry slices, a few at a time, 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Or preheat oven to 375°. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix chili sauce and remaining soy sauce and sesame oil. Arrange slices on a serving platter; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with sauce. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Pork & Shrimp Pinwheels in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p113