Pork & Rice Noodle Soup
My husband and I are crazy over the Korean noodle bowls at our favorite restaurant. I created this recipe to enjoy the same flavors in a quick and easy meal. You can find rice noodles in the Asian section of the grocery store.—Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (13.66 ounces each) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 ounces uncooked thin rice noodles
- 2 cups frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add rice noodles, pepper strips and water chestnuts; cook 30-35 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. If desired, skim soup. Just before serving, stir in cilantro and lime juice.
Originally published as Korean Slow Cooker Pork Noodle Bowl in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.