Rolling this chocolaty dough in almonds creates a “porcupine” look. They toast while the cookies bake, saving you a step!
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, melted chocolate, orange zest and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, cardamom and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in almonds. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly set. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 84 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.