- 1 package (1 ounce) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Process mushrooms in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in salt and pepper. Press one side of each pork chop into mushroom mixture.
- In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place chops, mushroom side down, in skillet; cook for 2 minutes. Turn over; cook 2 minutes longer. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Prepare polenta according to package directions for soft polenta. Stir in Parmesan cheese and rosemary. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPorcini-Crusted Pork with Polenta
"Not worth the cost of the mushrooms. Pretty boring."
"This was a hit with my entire family. It was especially good with the polenta. We will for sure keep this on our list!"