Porcini-Crusted Pork with Polenta
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (1 ounce) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Process mushrooms in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in salt and pepper. Press one side of each pork chop into mushroom mixture.
- In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place chops, mushroom side down, in skillet; cook for 2 minutes. Turn over; cook 2 minutes longer. Bake, uncovered, at 375° until at thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Prepare polenta according to package directions for soft polenta. Stir in cheese and rosemary. Serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 serving equals 397 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 825 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 4, 2016
Not worth the cost of the mushrooms. Pretty boring.
Oct 23, 2010
This was a hit with my entire family. It was especially good with the polenta. We will for sure keep this on our list!