Porcini-Crusted Pork with Polenta
Porcini mushrooms surround these luscious pork chops with earthy undertones and a delectable flavor. Hints of rosemary and Parmesan cheese make polenta a sophisticated accompaniment to this restaurant-quality meal from Casandra Rittenhouse of North Hollywood, California.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (1 ounce) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Process mushrooms in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in salt and pepper. Press one side of each pork chop into mushroom mixture.
- In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place chops, mushroom side down, in skillet; cook for 2 minutes. Turn over; cook 2 minutes longer. Bake, uncovered, at 375° until at thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Prepare polenta according to package directions for soft polenta. Stir in cheese and rosemary. Serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 serving equals 397 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 825 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Dec 4, 2016
Not worth the cost of the mushrooms. Pretty boring.
Oct 23, 2010
This was a hit with my entire family. It was especially good with the polenta. We will for sure keep this on our list!