Popular Potluck Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and celery until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the soup, tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder until combined.
- Drain the macaroni; stir into beef mixture. Add the corn and 1-1/2 cups of cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 312 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Oct 8, 2015
This was just average. The chili powder , soup, rotel and tomato paste did not taste very good. I will not make this again.
May 23, 2011
I've made this before, and wrote "excellent" by it, and after fixing it again last night I'm rating it here. It's delicious....easy and not too time consuming to put together, and there's a good variety of vegetables in it. The one change I make is to use only one pound of ground beef....two is just too much in my opinion, and the cheese adds protein to it as well. I think it tastes even better the next day, if there are any leftovers.