Poppy Seed Yogurt Muffins
Muffins are one of my favorite foods, and these are so good! I enjoy making several varieties of muffins at one time to have on hand for breakfast or lunch.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, salt and baking soda. Stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Pound Cake Muffins in Best of Country Breads
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.