- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled fresh plums
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in plums. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and muffins are golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forPoppy Seed Plum Muffins
"Nice texture, but not sweet enough."