Poppy Seed Orange Muffins
When our whole family has the day off together, we like to start our day with muffins for breakfast. This recipe made me a runner-up winner in the baked goods division at our county fair.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the yogurt, orange juice concentrate, orange zest and extract. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.