When our whole family has the day off together, we like to start our day with muffins for breakfast. This recipe made me a runner-up winner in the baked goods division at our county fair.
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the yogurt, orange juice concentrate, orange peel and extract. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16 muffins.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Orange Muffins in Best of Country Breads 2000, p16
Reviews forPoppy Seed Orange Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2012
"I liked the texture and taste. This is a very pleasant muffin."