- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forPoppy Seed Mini Muffins
"These were really yummy. I doubled the lemon extract, and it was still a bit mild to my taste so I will add more next time."
"Very tasty, though I only get 2 dozen mini muffins or 9 regular muffins with this recipe."
"I have made this recipe for years and years. It is sooo yummy. I sometimes substitute plain yogurt for the sour cream and it turns out just fine. I also like to add a little more lemon extract."