Finish off a summer meal with the fresh-squeezed flavor of pretty Poppy Seed Lemon Pie from our Test Kitchen. Guests will love this tangy, light and refreshing finale to dinner…and never guess how simple it is to prepare. For added convenience, make it ahead of time and tuck in the fridge…then you can both chill out until serving!
Recommended: Lemonade Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemonade concentrate
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 10 to 12 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- In a mixing bowl, beat milk and lemonade concentrate until smooth (mixture will begin to thicken). Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread half into the crust.
- Add poppy seeds and food coloring if desired to the remaining lemon mixture; stir until blended. Spoon over first layer. Spread with the remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Lemon Pie in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p21
Reviews forPoppy Seed Lemon Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2008
"looks very tastey."