Poppy Seed Fruit Dressing
A favorite Southern way to serve fruits of the season is with a drizzle of poppy seed dressing. This tasty topper has subtle peach flavor and a pretty tint to match. It's a simple recipe that never fails to draw "oohs" and "aahs". -Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large peach, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 large orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 small cantaloupe, cut into balls or cubes
- 2 cups strawberries or blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 medium unpeeled red apple, sliced
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Place the peach in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add sugar apple juice, vinegar, onion, mustard and salt. Cover and process for 10-15 seconds. Slowly add oil; process 1 minute longer. Stir in poppy seeds. Arrange fruit on a large platter; serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 58 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Fruit Dressing in Taste of Home August/September 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.